Saturday, April 3, 2010

Giant Magazine (RIP)


How did I miss this? I've been waiting for the latest issue of Giant magazine. In the last couple of years Giant has quickly become my favorite magazine (especially since Vibe shut it's doors and after Vibe returned as a weak version of it's own shadow). The photo spreads were amazing! Giant had interesting articles and seemed to get the best out of the artists that it features in both interviews and photo shoots. Sadly the December 2009 issue featuring Alicia Keys is the last issue of the magazine.

This is truly bittersweet for me. Due to the evolution of media, blogs, and various internet based outlets people like me are now able to have an avenue to share our thoughts, opinions, and our life passions. But as a result print media is dying. Second to purchasing a CD and reading the liner notes I live for the feeling of going to the store and picking up the latest issue of Giant, Vibe, GQ, etc. Sadly it seems that every couple of months we here about a magazine going under. I guess this is just a sign of the times. The evolution is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment